Sunday, August 2, 2009
Friday, July 31, 2009
Now, lets talk shopping. I have spent a considerable amount of time in the game working my professions and utilizing the AH to put myself in a healthy financial position. As I mentioned before, when my druid hit 80 I was able to walk into 3 lvl 226 pieces from the AH. I WANT MORE!! I want to be able to buy alot more gear, rare mounts and just cool stuff.
Although I don't spend as much time raiding as others, I have spent alot of time farming and so for that work I would love to have more shopping options. It is very limited as to what I can get with my gold. It wouldn't bother me if they had shop that offered high end Tier pieces for 10k and up. Perhaps a handful of rare mounts at 25k or higher (just as an example).
It just feels my options are limited. It has gotten to a point where I'm not sure what I am farming for. I have enough gold for repairs/enchants/gems etc for the rest of my WoW life. A nice mall underneath Dalaran would be wonderful. It would be a high-end mall and prices would be crazy but it gives those who really work the professions an opportunity to get some cool stuff.
With all that being said, Hubby just brought up a good point as to why Blizz would be a little hesitatant about my plan. Gold Farmers. If the gold begins to hold value like that then people will use real money to buy the gold they want. /sigh Makes me angry but I know its true.
Oh well....my dream will be just that....in my dreams.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Firstly, many of us end up leveling alone, which can make leveling kinda lonely. It can also be difficult to get groups together for group quests. Often you'll end up calling upon an 80 from your guild to come kill a mob for you. What about all those great low level instances? You can never get a group for your level to do them. I think that they are an important part of the game to get to know your class and understand teamwork in the game. People level to 80 sometimes never seeing these great instances.
Unfortunately from the article "A leveling server, just for leveling" WoW insider is pretty certain that Blizzard wouldn't be interested in such an idea. On a social level alone I think it would be worth it.
Speed leveling is nice but there is something to be said about really seeing the game and all it has to offer.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
2. What are the names of the 4 towers in EOS?
3. A warcraft word that means “A nomadic tribe or group”?
4. What is the newest Alliance flight path to their first quest area in STV?
5. What is the maximum gold allowed for a toon?
6. Where would you find the Zandalar Tribe?
7. In what two locations would you find Timbermaw Furbolgs?
8. When you do the quest ““Chen’s Empty Keg” who do you gain reputation with?
9. Where does the rare mount “Swift Zulian Tiger”?
10. Which boss drops the Gloves of Centering?
Friday, June 12, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
2. What is the name of the cat that runs through Naxx and where did the name originate?
3. What is the name of the "Grand Master Engineer" in the Zangarmarsh?
4. Who gives out the quest With a Little Help From My Friends in Ungoro Crater?
5. The original World of Warcraft was released in what month and year celebrating 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise.
6. Where in the game would you find an NPC named Ophera Windfury?
7. One of the quests in Netherstorm, Outland, is called Needs More Cowbell where the player needs to find the cow Bessy using a bell. Where did the Needs More Cowbell reference originate?
8. The episode, titled Make Love, Not Warcraft, was aired on 4th October 2006 and it was the second half premiere of the tenth season. Which show are we referring to?
9. In the 2005 Christmas event, several new NPCs and quests were added for a short period of time. One of the quests requested that you rescued __________ the Reindeer. What is the raindeer’s name?
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Kathrine: "5 more vulture gizzards, 2 more boar lungs"
Dr. Benwick: "Are you still referring to those quests in the Blasted Lands, Kathrine?"
Kathrine: "5 more vulture gizzards, 2 more boar lungs"
Dr. Benwick: "You do realize these are just a few simple quests, correct?"
Kathrine: "Who killed those f***** vultures, those were mine!"
Dr. Benwick: "Those will respawn again Kathrine, no need to upset yourself"
Kathrine: "PVE SERVER....can't kill the horde can't kill the horde...thieves all thieves...taking my kills"
Dr. Benwick: "Lets take a deep breath, slow your rocking and calm down Kathrine"
Kathrine: "Bloodmage Drazial wants 3 more f***** boar's lungs...do I look like a butcher? Do I?"
Dr. Benwick: Lets remember this is just a quest Kathrine.
Kathrine: 1...2...3...4...5...6...7... 8
8 boars dead..only 1 lung...how can this be? Who took their lungs? I need those lungs, I need them now! ...the bloodmage is waiting.
Dr. Benwick: "I think it best you place your dagger on the table Kathrine"
Kathrine: "Dagger is dull, dagger is dull....must kill more birds...need more gizzards, need more lungs"
Kathrine: "Give me my dagger, GIVE IT TO ME!" You will pay, you will all pay"
Kathrine: "Take this off me, take it off me ...I must have my boar's lungs and gizzards!"
Kathrine: "Noooo, stop this, take this off me"
Dr. Benwick: "Don't struggle Kathrine, they are just trying to help you."
Kathrine: Noooooo I must kill them, I must kill them allll
Monday, June 1, 2009
Sunday, May 31, 2009
This time our trivia is a little different. It's all about acronyms (abbreviations that are formed using the initial components in a phrase or name). Some of these will be very difficult and old school or perhaps just not as popular as other acronyms. Trust me, a few of these I've never heard of, but perhaps some of the more experienced players will know them. Remember...no Googling.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
My daughter Sarah has a list at her desk that she has been marking off the best pieces for her class as she obtains them but from time to time you'll hear yelling from room to room with the "SHOULD I ROLL ON THAT" from my daughter or a "I CAN'T BELIEVE I ROLLED A ONE". You'll hear screams of joy from my daughter (and sometimes Krys) when a new piece of gear is obtained. After a couple hours of raiding, Krys will usually give me the look of a 5 year old saying "are there any snacks?"
Once the raid is done and we are getting ready for bed, we discuss how the raid went; where we need to improve, our damage/healing, how the pugs (if any) behaved etc.
Monday, May 25, 2009
I say "Sheep, Pull FTW"
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Its been a while since our guild did some silliness so I better get my so Social Director hat on and plan something soon. I've been a slacker for sure.
1. Strangers asking me for gold (my response is always ..don't you have a profession?"
2. People abusing the AH...folks who put a light feather up for 100g I assume to increase the price or have someone accidentally buy it thinking it was 1g...(eh hum,yes I've done that)
3. Lag....no other major city other than Dalaran do I have crazy lag and in 25man, which puts me over the edge. I turn off my addons and anything extra crap I don't need but still it doesn't help much.
4. Dishonest salesman...I had a guy I provided mats to in my early levels to make something for me ...he indicated he needed tomake it somwhere specific and took off with my mats and put me on ignore...my husband then messaged him and put the pressure on to return them and he did
5. Strangers asking for runs - I'm always surprised at the number of strangers that ask me to run them through an instance. My suggestion is always the same "ask your guild" or "join a leveling guild"
6. Gold Farm Spammers - I'm still shocked how these people can get away with this so easily. I guess I was living in La La land thinking there were Blizzard people monitoring this activity on each server.
7. Dependent guildies - Don't get me wrong I don't mind helping guildies but its when people step over the line of asking for help with anything that remotely looks scarey. Help from guildies should be for those quests when you just can't find someone in that zone or if you need to run an instance, just one shoutout to your guild asking if anyone else needs it....not spamming and not harrassing. Help should always come at your guildies convenience.
8. Lack of class knowledge - I am absolutely no expert in my class but did certainly look up a rotation for raiding so that I would not cause my raid to wipe because of lack of dps or be foreced to carry me. People don't need to do top damage but should be attempting their best to ensure a safe run without too much aggravation. I am never at the top of the meter but I hold my own.
9. AFKers - Even with the new system, BG afkers are still there. They move their toon from time to time to avoid being reported but they are useless and avoid combat as much as possible. Makes me crazy!!
10. Ninja Looters - I know this is a top pet peeve for many and I so wish Blizzard could offer some safeguards from ninja looters. If you pug its always a risk and lately I'm shocked at the amount of ninja looting going on. I've heard more than ever stories from guildies of Ninja Looters when they pug. Nothing disgusts me more.
On a happy note there are many things about WOW that I love which I will discuss in another post.
Monday, May 18, 2009
I think by solving issues quickly before they grow helps to prevent a kick. For me there are some "no no's" that will get you a warning and some things will give you the boot from Justamom.
1) asking for gold in guild chat
Saturday, May 16, 2009
2. ________ is a female guardian; requires the Staff of Prehistoria to gain access to her chamber.
3. Where would you find someone named Turpster?
4. Where is the most northern Inn in Northrend?
5. The __________are humanoid walrus people who live in Northrend. Although seen throughout Northrend, they make their homes primarily in the Borean Tundra.
6. Which popular blogger is a retired Air Force major, with degrees in psychology (UCLA ’74) and business administration (Missouri ’78).
7. In which building would you find the portals for the alliance in Dalaran?
8. Which mobs and zone drops the “Captured Firefly” pet.
9. ______________ is an orcish outpost built on a crossroads in central Durotar
10. What is the name of the achievement for reaching an arena rating of 1550 in 2v2?
An absolute must is a small kitchen area in the room with lots of gaming snacks and a direct line to Dominos Pizza hehehe. We would pay to have friends travel up for some crazy gaming weekends and do it in style.